Written by Norida Villaruel
Office of Municipal Planning and Development Coordinator
A dynamic and responsive organization with responsible, committed, pro-active and innovative staff equipped with new capabilities to generate and utilize a vast array of information and technology to evolve socio-economic, physical, cultural and environmental development frameworks and policies and able to work harmoniously with other local government functionaries to support the local government achieve its development goals.
To provide an effective and efficient mechanism that promote better quality services through the utilization of accurate, well-processed quality information and technology that will enhance pro-active, responsive, and accountable decision-making and local governance.
DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS
- Formulate integrated economic, social, physical, and other development plans and policies for consideration of the local government development council;
- Conduct continuing studies, researches, and training programs necessary to evolve plans and programs for implementation;
- Integrate and coordinate all sectoral plans and studies undertaken by the different functional groups or agencies;
- Monitor and evaluate the implementation of the different programs, projects, and activities in the LGU concerned in accordance with the approved development plan;
- Prepare comprehensive plans and other development planning documents for the consideration of the LDC;
- Analyze the income and expenditure patterns, and formulate and recommend fiscal plans and policies for consideration of the finance committee of the LGU concerned;
- Promote people participation in development planning within the LGU concerned;
- Exercise supervision and control over the secretariat of the LDC; and
- Exercise such other powers and perform such other functions and duties as may be prescribed by law or ordinance.