Last Updated on Friday, 13 September 2013 01:29
Written by Randy M. Matibag
Municipal Environment and Natural Resources Office
Randy M. Matibag
To act as implementing arm of the Municipal government in the preparation of plans, pursuance of policies and programs for the rehabilitation, protection, maintenance, utilization and development of the Municipal Environment and Resources; to implement devolved powers and functions as set forth in the Local Government Code of 1991, national laws relative to forestry services, land management services, environmental services, air and water laws, parks and wildlife protection and promotion of tourism.
- To implement the DENR devolved functions, projects and programs to LGU's based on the Local Government Code of 1991.
- To fully implement the Municipal Ordinances for environmental management like Solid Waste Management Program.
- To formulate and implement programs/ projects for the delivery of basic services in support for development of self sustaining environment without sacrificing the rights and needs of the people.
- To provide technical support in forestry, land, environmental and Solid Waste Management for Local Chief Executive and the Sangguniang Bayan in policy and decision making.
Programs/ Projects/ Activities
- Restoration & Aforestation Project
- Sand and Gravel Quarry Project
- Watershed Management Repair and Maintenance
- Environmental Management Services (Monitoring of Environment, Forest & Mineral Products Illegalities)
- Land Management Services & Programs
- Solid Waste Management Services