Written by Eden I. Gaurano
Office of the Municipal Accountant
Eden I. Gaurano
Accounting is the department mandated by law to provide timely and authentic financial information to our local legislators and other stakeholders to guide them in their decision-making process for the benefit of the general public.
We continuously strive to provide financial information and deliver accounting services with professionalism, efficiency and excellence to all our clients.
DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS
- Install and maintain an internal audit system in the LGU concerned;
- Prepare and submit financial statements to the governor or mayor, as the case may be, and to the sanggunian concerned;
- Apprise the sanggunian and other local government officials on the financial condition and operations of the LGU concerned;
- Certify to the availability of budgetary allotment to which expenditures and obligations may be properly charged;
- Review supporting documents before preparation of vouchers to determine completeness of requirements;
- Prepare statements of cash advances, liquidation, salaries, allowances, reimbursements and remittances pertaining to the LGU;
- Prepare statements of journal vouchers and liquidation of the same and other adjustments related thereto;
- Maintain individual ledgers for officials and employees of the LGU pertaining to payrolls and deductions;
- Record and post in index cards details of purchased furniture, fixtures, and equipment, including disposal thereof, if any;
- Account for all issued request for obligations and maintain and keep all records and reports related thereto;
- Prepare journals and the analysis of obligations and maintain and keep all records and reports related thereto; and
- Exercise such other functions as may be prescribed by law or ordinance.